This is my mother. She left me when I was just 14 years old. I saw her a few times from teenage through the typical college years (although I didn’t have typical college years) and then she passed away before I married or had children. She was a wonderful woman that I know I would talk to her often if she were alive, but I really never got the chance.

The most current entries are things I would tell her and only her ... because they aren’t meant to be heard, just vented (if she were alive). The majority of this blog are letters she wrote to me (and a few to my sisters) during the years that we were apart.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Truth about the Truth

Okay, this has been a question of mine for so many year, and I don't really think there is an answer, but maybe you are wondering the same thing I am wondering…

Okay, is there really TRUTH?

When you are frustrated or disappointed the way moms sometimes get when things are not done like they are supposed to be or when someone lets you down, or whatever… are you supposed to tell the truth and communicate that what you are truly feeling, or are you supposed to take the higher road, and say "Oh, no big deal" or "not a problem" and it isn't in the big picture and it will be forgiven and forgotten in a matter of hours or days, but the truth is you will also remember how frustrating something was or how upset something made you.

After much reflection on this I have determined that it is just that I have let my perspective change over the years to be more realistic than optimistic, which I don't know that I like.   It used to be so easy for me to "turn the cheek" or "forgive, forget and move on" and it seems that I (at some exact point in time while raising children) decided someone needed to know that this wasn't "okay" and "no I wasn't happy", but then that overspilled into more than a one-time-deal.  So if I have ever made you feel bad because I took a situation too serious - "I am truly sorry".  Nothing in life is so important that it damage a relationship.  Love is so much stronger than anything else out there and we should constantly be working towards having that fill our hearts instead of anger or disappointment.

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment