This is my mother. She left me when I was just 14 years old. I saw her a few times from teenage through the typical college years (although I didn’t have typical college years) and then she passed away before I married or had children. She was a wonderful woman that I know I would talk to her often if she were alive, but I really never got the chance.

The most current entries are things I would tell her and only her ... because they aren’t meant to be heard, just vented (if she were alive). The majority of this blog are letters she wrote to me (and a few to my sisters) during the years that we were apart.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Welcome challenges

Oh, you know there is no such thing as "Things come in THREEs"  It all started several years ago, we had gone a good 7-9 years of good luck and then what seemed almost comical in the beginning has now evolved into a realization that there are always challenges.  Even in those great 7-9 years that I thought were perfect, we had several challenges - they were just different challenges.  Over the past 3 years we have had health/injury challenges.  It all started with Jessica getting her finger broken playing basketball with Mark, then Marissa's broken arm, my broken finger and … that was our three.  I thought it would end, but it just didn't stop.  Maybe the three was in years, not injuries - either way I realize I will not live on earth without challenges.  Not that I am asking for them, but I do understand that we are given challenges to help up stay close to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment