This is my mother. She left me when I was just 14 years old. I saw her a few times from teenage through the typical college years (although I didn’t have typical college years) and then she passed away before I married or had children. She was a wonderful woman that I know I would talk to her often if she were alive, but I really never got the chance.

The most current entries are things I would tell her and only her ... because they aren’t meant to be heard, just vented (if she were alive). The majority of this blog are letters she wrote to me (and a few to my sisters) during the years that we were apart.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

2/5 - 2/11 is a Hard Week for ME

This week is always hard for me - it is the week that holds my mother's birth date and death date.  It brings back a flood of memories - some good / some not so good.  Mostly it makes me miss her so much that my insides seem hollow and empty.  Twenty years have gone by since she passed away.

Jessica is now in college doing great in all areas, Devon is an Eagle Scout, Varsity Denali recipient, and Bronze Venture Scout, Marissa is an amazing student and cross country runner, and Robert is such a great kid - he's athletic and academic and an all around fun guy.   She misses this - I miss sharing it with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment